== What is reforestation? ==
Reforestation is an operation in the field of forestry aimed at restocking in the past were covered with forests that have been deleted for various reasons such as: Logging for industrial and / or for use as floors. Expansion of agricultural frontier or livestock. Expansion of rural areas. By extension reforestation also called for planting more or less massive trees in areas where none exist, at least in historical times. Joint implementation techniques needed to create a forest, formed by woody species.
-Reforestation can be directed to:
-Improving the performance of the watershed.
-Production of wood for industrial purposes.
-Establishing areas for livestock in extensive production systems.
-Create windbreaks for crop protection.
-Stop the advance of sand dunes.
-Provide fuel wood for domestic use.
-Create recreational areas.
Can be used for reforestation native species (which is recommended) or imported species, usually of rapid growth. Plantations and reforestation of degraded land and social projects planting trees produce positive results for the goods produced and the environmental services they provide. While one can say that reforestation is in itself a charitable activity, from the standpoint of the environment, the possibility exists that also produce negative environmental impacts. As derived from reforestation can develop activities related to: Production of plants (nursery). Wood production, pulp, poles, fruits, fiber and fuel.
solutions for reforestation
* A good alternative is the repopulation of deforested areas.
- Stop the misuse of forests for short-term economic gains
- Measures to curb deforestation are forest programs that each country should promote to stimulate conservation and sustainable use of biological resources.
If countries agree with the proposal Forest for Climate, we can gain many benefits for the climate, biodiversity and indigenous and local communities.
Claims to the competent authorities.
* Setting targets for reducing deforestation in order to reach a zero deforestation in the Brazilian Amazon and Indonesia in 2015 (representing 7% of greenhouse gases).
* Create financial mechanisms to help tropical countries to develop strategies for reducing emissions from deforestation: agree a financial mechanism to transfer funds from rich countries to countries with problems of deforestation for the conservation of forests.
* Support an ambitious climate protocol by next December 2009 in Copenhagen that includes an International Fund for Reducing Emissions from Deforestation and Forest Degradation (REDD) based on strong principles and credible funding for the protection of forests.
* Redirect investments that promote deforestation diversified economies, including investments for those who promote the sustainable use of forest products.
* Ensure that reducing emissions from deforestation and degradation is an additional effort to actions carried out by industrialized countries to reduce their own emissions.
* Restore degraded peatland areas with natural vegetation.
solutions for reforestation in the Amazon
Solutions to Deforestation Many solutions are posed against the risks caused by man, which affects almost the entire planet. One of them, addressing deforestation, is prevention, which starts, plans such as education and social welfare. The other is reforestation. In the following lines, will address the second solution because of its viability. Will detail a number of factors that may cause the onset and development of this as business interests in timber production, modification of the legal framework for creating political stability and an investor for the medium and long term to integrate the most depressed and are not at the mercy of drug trafficking and terrorism.
Economic interests are caused by timber production and other derivatives of the trees, as it is a very profitable business leading to reforestation for these companies to continue working. There are three activities around this. The first is the production of timber as raw material (paper, pencils) or more added value (furniture). The second is the production of pure oxygen from the trees and the reabsorption of carbon dioxide as well, generating a kind of foreign debt in exchange for highly industrialized countries that produce pollution, which is called the Kyoto Protocol. The latest is the creation of an agro-ecological farming that needs resguardecer trees and provide benefits under these (Moreno 2004: 30).
Moreover, it has the legal framework, which should be changed or reissued to create stability for investors. In this regard, it should amend the appropriations (land rent) for private property, this will produce the persons or undertakings concerned are land owners who wish to exploit. In the same vein, should be drastically modified to punish those engaged in economic activities (agriculture, timber production, etc.) without affecting consciousness and responsibility to clean ecosystems, ultimately, are the lungs of the planet and cause irreversible effects on a natural and causing social problems and political interest (Moreno 2004: 35).
Comprehensively, we need to plan solutions to medium and long term, and only, state policies are Peden take care of it. The focus of these is to generate development in the poorest areas directly related to the deforested areas, earmarking part of the annual budget to provide technologies and techniques for farming, agriculture, avoiding burning of trees and use of chemical fertilizers. In addition, public institutions can forestation and reforestation of areas that require it to prevent soil erosion and as part of a joint plan with private companies could be way better regulate the exploitation of the resources provided by the Amazon as are directly involved. Finally, economic resources can be devoted to the education sector in the area, resulting in a forestry education program to raise awareness among young people that is a natural resource that has much to be well managed economic and ecological potential. In addition, you must create adequate infrastructure for integrated development and especially economics as well known as the Amazon is the most neglected area of state policies.
In conclusion, it has become apparent that solutions to a structural problem are feasible, because the problem of deforestation is caused by people. Additionally, you can save something more important, related to reforestation, as this has a great future because of the activities that derive from it the first time, you can combine the economic benefit to the ecological through history, seem not to have equal interests and directions.