Wind power 2012
Spanish student 1
- How much electricity is generated in one plant?
- Is it renewable?
Yes, because it comes from natural resources such as sunlight, wind, rain, tides, waves and geothermal heat, which are renewable (naturally replenished).
Dutch student 1
Wind mills have to stand in the mountains or in country's were there is much wind like in the Netherlands. Because mountains are higher then the rest of the land. In and how higher how more wind. So in Spain it is good to have Wind Mills because there are much mountains. In the Netherlands you shout think that it isn't a good land for wind mills. But in the Netherlands there is much wind, so it can be used in the Netherlands.
- What are the effects on the environment?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of this energy source?
The production and use of energy has more impact on the environment than any other single human activity. Air and water pollution, oil spills, radioactive waste these are just a few of the many impacts on the natural world due to our use of fossil and nuclear fuels. Wind power avoids many of these problems (no air pollution, water pollution, or waste) but it has its own impacts, which can be harmful if not addressed carefully.
- you don't have to pay for the wind and the windmills don't need any fuel.
- it doesn't produces waste or greenhouse gasses.
- the land beneath the wind farm can usually still be used for farming.
- wind farms could be a tourist attraction
- it's a good method of supplying energy to remote areas.
- some days there is no wind so then we don´t get any wind energy.
- suitable areas for wind farms are often near the coast. there the land is expensive.
- some people feel that covering the landscape with these windmills is unsightly.
- it can kill birds
- can affect television reception if you live nearby.
- can be noisy if you live nearby.
are you dependent of other countries/people when you want to generate electricity with this energy source? Where is your contribution? This is insufficient!--L.Doolaard (talk) 18:29, 2 October 2012 (CEST)